What are the requirements to be an eligible driver for PPEP?
- • All employees or potential employees must submit a 39 month motor vehicle report (MVR) or a non-driver form to their supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- • The employee’s supervisor will receive notice as to whether the employee has cleared with the insurance company.
- • If the employee has cleared with the insurance company they are now eligible to drive PPEP vehicles and to drive their own vehicle for PPEP business and receive mileage.
- • If the employee has not been cleared through the insurance company they must fill out the non-driver form.
- • If you receive any kind of speeding or other traffic ticket while employed at PPEP, as per policy please be sure to submit it to Human Resources immediately.
How does Combined Leave (Vacation/ Sick time) at PPEP, Inc. work?
- • Combined leave is a combination of your sick and vacation leave.
- • The amount of hours received can depend upon which section of the organization you work in and whether you are a regular employee (32hrs. or more/week-PPEP. 30 hrs. or more per week- Charter.) or a regular part-time employee (20-31 hrs.- PPEP; 20- 29 hrs.- Charter.)
- • PPEP CBL hours are accrued each pay period and shown on your check stub. Charter CBL hours are frontloaded at the beginning of the school year.
- • All PPEP employees are eligible to use their CBL hours 6 months after the day they go to regular status. All Charter employees are eligible to use their CBL hours the day they become regular.
- • A Combined Leave Form must be filled out to request leave as far in advance as possible. CBL may be approved or denied by your supervisor.
- • CBL cannot be borrowed from future accrual amounts.
- • Non-Exempt employees may schedule their accrued leave in 15 minute increments up to the total number of hours regularly worked. Exempt employees may schedule accrued leave in full days only.
- • If a holiday falls during an employees approved leave, the employee will receive holiday pay rather than CBL pay.
- • If an employee takes a leave of absence they will stop accruing CBL until their return from leave.
What are Service Credit Hours?
- • Service Credit Hours are extra combined leave hours given to employees for each year of service at PPEP. Charter employees are not eligible for service credit hours.
- • For each full year of service an employee will receive four extra hours of CBL.
- • Example: If Tim has his one year anniversary on February 17. His paycheck after his Feb. 17th anniversary, he will notice under his normal CBL accrual hours he will also have a section entitled SVCCR4 with .15 hours of leave in it. He will continue to accrue this leave throughout the whole year until his second anniversary in which he will have a total of four hours. On Tim’s second anniversary his service credit will begin to accrue at .30/pay period. (.15 * 26 pay periods = 4.0 hrs.)
- • Service credit hours can be used like any other combined leave.
Will my remaining Combined Leave Hours be paid out to me if I leave employment voluntarily or am dismissed from employment?
- • No, any earned but unused Combined Leave in the employee’s bank of hours will not be paid out upon termination.