- A Dislocated Worker is an individual who:
- Has been terminated or laid off, or has received a notice of termination or layoff from employment;
- Is eligible for or has exhausted unemployment insurance;
- Has demonstrated an appropriate attachment to the workforce, but not eligible for unemployment insurance and unlikely to return to a previous industry or occupation;
- Has been terminated or laid off or received notification of termination or layoff from employment as a result of a permanent closure or substantial layoff;
- Is employed at a facility, where the employer has made the general announcement that the facility will close within a 180 days;
- Was self-employed (including employment as a farmer, a rancher, or a fisherman) but is unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in the community or because of a natural disaster; 或
- If a displaced homemaker who is no longer supported by another family member.
Eligibility must be determined by the local Workforce Investment Area’s One-Stop Career Center.